More variations of beersbee rules will be posted here. To have your rules listed here submit the rules or variations you play with visit the Beersbee Forum and post your beersbee rules there. Even if you play the same way someone else does here post them anyway so that we know that it is a popular way of playing.
- Two poles are placed 40 feet apart.
- Beer bottles are placed atop each pole.
- Games are played with two teams of two.
- Each team chooses one of the poles to stand behind.
- Players take turns throwing the frisbee to knock the beer bottle off the opponents pole.
- Players must stay behind their pole (which creates an invisible "goaltending" and "fault" line) during defense and offense.
- Players must wait for frisbee to pass the bottle and pole before catching (no goaltending).
- The receiving team must catch the frisbee each time to avoid awarding the throwing team one point. (either team member may catch the frisbee)
- The throwing team must throw the frisbee so it is "catchable". Meaning more than 3" off the ground at the point it crosses the invisible line; not too high so that it is uncatchable or that a jump is needed; too far to either side where more than one step is required to catch it.
- Throws that are outside the "catchable area" are considered a "scratch". No points are awarded and the next player throws. (Catchable area is no more than one step to make the catch)
- The receiving team must catch the bottle if it is knocked off by the throwing team before it hits the ground to avoid awarding the throwing team 2 points. (either team member may catch the bottle)
- Most possible points per throw is 3 if bottle and frisbee hit the ground. 0 points if bottle is knocked off, but frisbee and bottle are caught before they hit the ground.
- At all times a drink must be in one of your hands.
- Games are played to 21. Win by 2. No cap.
- Uncatchable throw = 0pts
- Frisbee caught = 0pts
- Bottle and frisbee caught = 0pts
- Frisbee dropped = 1pt
- Bottle hits ground = 2pts
- Bottle and Frisbee hit ground = 3pts
- No drink in hand (or you drop your drink) = 3pts